The Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education, is responsible to ensure the quality of Higher Education in Cyprus and to support, through the procedures provided by the relevant legislation for the continuous improvement and upgrading of higher education institutions and their programs of study. Τhe Agency has, according to the Law, extended competencies amongst which are the following:
- Institutional, Departmental and Programmatic Evaluation and accreditation of higher education.
- Quality Assurance in higher education on the basis of the European Standards.
- The Evaluation and Accreditation of cross-border forms of education, offered by local institutions in member states or third countries.
- Assessment of the conditions for the provision of cross-border education from foreign institutions in Cyprus.
- Assessment of inter-institutional cooperation of higher education institutions
- The provision of information of Quality Assurance in higher education.
The lists of all recognized institutions of higher education and of the accredited programs of study as well as the results of evaluation will be published on the Agency’s website.
CYQAA is a full member of the International Network for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Higher Education (INQAAHE), an associate member of the European University Association (EUA) and of the European Association for Quality Assurance (ENQA). At this stage, CYQAA is under evaluation to become a full member of ENQA, to be registered in the European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR), and to be recognized by the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).