The Department of Labour, under its Pavilion “MOBILITY NETWORKS” hosts the following European programs and networks, aiming at informing the public about mobility tools that exist at European level:
- EUROGUIDANCE Cyprus. The main mission of (euroguidance.gov.cy) is to provide quality information to practitioners and professionals in the field of guidance, as well as jobseekers, secondary school students, parents and tertiary education students regarding education, training and other career opportunities in Cyprus and the rest of Europe.
- EURES -European Employment Services. EURES (eures.europa.eu, www.eures.gov.cy) aims to inform, advice and assist in the employment of European citizens seeking to find work in 32 European countries belonging to the EU or the EEA. Its main mission is to combat unemployment, ease the shortage of skills observed throughout Europe, by promoting workers mobility in Europe and tackle any obstacles to the free movement of EU workers.
- Your First EURES Job/REACTIVATE 35+ (yourfirsteuresjob.eu). The YOUR FIRST EURES JOB / REACTIVATE 35+ funding programs are job mobility schemes operated under EURES, providing financial help for job interviews in other MS, relocation costs in another European country when a placement is secured, foreign language courses and more. The aim is to help European citizens find work, traineeships or apprenticeship in the EU. It also helps employers to overcome skills shortages in their respective labour markets.
- The National Contact Point for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications. The Department of Labour as the National Contact Point for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications (www.mlsi.gov.cy/dl) provides information to Cypriot and European citizens about the procedure for access and practice of regulated professions (e.g. doctors, real estates, architects etc.) in Cyprus and other Member States of the EU as well as information about the mutual recognition of professional qualifications in general.
- EURODYSSEE Network (eurodussee.eu). The Department of Labor, through the program, gives the opportunity to young people aged 18-32 to obtain occupational / vocational training for a period of 4-7 months) in one of the EURODYSSEE member regions. The program provides a subsistence and accommodation cost subsidy, insurance coverage and provides the opportunity to attend intensive foreign language courses during the training period.